Friday, August 05, 2005

Volunteering and MOPS

MOPS, for those who do not know, is Mothers Of Preschoolers International, an organization I Love, support and meetings I attend. Last year was actually the first year I attended for real, I "checked them out" for 2 meetings the year before. I LOVE it. Seriously. I felt relief as I walked in a room with over 40 women with kiddos age 0 to 5. I almost cried. I felt like I was the only mom in Middle Tennessee and it was awful. So I reveled in it.

Now, I think I need my head examined. LOL. They asked me (and I was flattered and honestly afraid) to be in charge of the kids program next year (read that as a school year, which means next month is the first meeting). It's called MOPPETs and it requires a LOT of work, work I am not sure I am ready for.

To date, I have 1 volunteer and NO teachers. I think we may be doing the 1 room school house thing and put all the kids in the hall for a movie.

I'm trying not to panic, but with my plate already overflowing I don't know HOW I'm supposed to find volunteers. NOBODY in the Volunteer state wants to help and I'm at my wits end. We are having a meeting tonight about paying the teachers I don't have at this point. It's my hope we will pay them so I can get somebody to help me.

What have I gotten myself into? *sigh*

3 comments:

TamWill said...

Goodness! I hope everything works out for you! :O)

~ cyndyann ~ said...

YIKES ! Wish I were closer, I'd help ya.. What a wonderful program ... HUGS

MommaRia said...

MommaQ:

LOL>.. I'm starting to wonder if I need my head examined. Sorry for the flashbacks. We will exchange war stories!