Tuesday, August 16, 2005

UPDATE on the "H" bomb

Well, he did it again last night. He got mad and tired (no nap again) and started yelling that he hates me. But, (thank you Candy Cane...hehehe) I decided to use a different approach to the situation. Last night I picked his little butt up and made him change for bed (him yelling the whole time, me holding on to his shirt and pulling him back toward me when he decided he would run away and yell from the hallway) and tossed his little bottom on his bed, knelt down next to him, hugged him, prayed with him (him yelling the whole time) and kissed him again and told him every time he screamed I hate you at me that I did not care, I still loved him. After about 2 minutes of this, I got up and left his room...him still screaming at me. I turned on his Vivaldi, turned off his light and turned on the hall light (he likes to have it on when he goes to bed. Within in 2 minutes, it may have actually been less) MB was sound asleep. SOUND ASLEEP.

I sighed in relief and went about my night time chores.

This morning MB wakes up all hugs and giggles and tells me he loves me, over and over and over. Then he hugs me again and tells me..."mommy. I thought about last night. I was a bad boy, but you said you loved me. We prayed. I was a bad boy. I love you mommy".

I gave him our usual morning squeeze and told him that sometimes I don't like his behavior but I will ALWAYS love him.

Wow...what a morning...in a good way.

4 comments:

TamWill said...

Awe how sweet..he was tired, yet when he woke up, he tried to make it right. Very Sweet :O)

Vanessa said...

You're a great mommy & Sam is just so full of spunk. Hmmm ... wonder where he gets that from? LOL

lachen said...

Yippes!!! I am so thankful for those precious moments that advice and your patient mothering, God moving in Sam's heart, and your courage afforded.

May the H bombs be apartan from now on and Sam learn the truth about love, unconditionaly.

Right on, girl. :)

Angela said...

that is so sweet, and way to stick it out and do the bedtime routine anyway, it is wonderful either way but I am so glad he recognized and appreciated that you did that with him, regardless of his actions