Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Birthday Run Down

I know my birthday was a couple of days ago, but I just now finished it in my mind. Yes, now that I'm "old" (ROFLOL) it takes me a while to put it all together in the exercise yard if you know what I mean (if you don't it would take too long to explain).

It started out like any other birthday of mine...a series of BAD things. I started work at the usual 6am and MB decided it would be a good idea to get up at 6:30. NOOOOoooo. So we have that little battle. The night before the birthday was awesome. K in Virginia sent me burgers and potatoes and the first birthday cake since I was a kid that I did not have to bake myself. Yummy stuff too. MB decided that he wanted cake for breakfast, but after the cookout w/J and V the night before, there was no cake left for MB for breakfast (yes, I'm a terrible mother, we will go into that another time). So meltdown #1 of the day (MB, not me).

Then, back to work. Several computer glitches later and lost work (I get paid per line, so no lines no money...disappearing lines, no money).

We were supposed to get the new couch on Monday and I had 2 strapping young men here to move out the old one for me. It was like waiting for the cable guy. They will be there between 3 and 7, so I was told. 8:30 rolls around and WHERE is my couch? They don't have it on the truck and will deliver it on Tuesday (the actual day of birth for me). Alas, no strapping young men to help me. They call on Tuesday and will deliver it before 2. Yeah. okay, 2:30 I call. Um, probalby closer to 3. Sure, I'll buy that one. 3:45, here they are and then they decide to debate me on whether the couch will fit or not. Um...forgive me but it does not take a rocket scientist to MEASURE a space and a couch to make sure it will fit. I KNOW my house is small and not all furniture will fit so of COURSE we measured it. Then Dude cuts his arm on the way into the house and is now bleeding (oh please please please not on the new couch!!!).

I thought it was gonna be another one of "those" birthdays (as a child, it seemed that every year, on my birthday, my mom would go in the hospital. Yes, I know it was not on purpose, but why always MY birthday??? )

Karma? Kismet? Bad Luck? Who knows. But I was all prepared for another "bad one" (not only did I have to work all day but then I had a meeting for MOPS 30 mintues after I got off work, no rest for the weary).

But then the sun shone in. My friend V, who is no longer at my house,( see my whine about my houseguest leaving below) sent me a King Cake from Lousiana. LOL. We had talked about me always wanting to try one, so she sent me one for my birthday. MB, all wide eyed and full of awe after we decorated the cake, said "mommy, I want to eat that" and when I told him it was mommy's birthday cake, he promptly sang Happy Birthday to me and snarfed some cake. It was heaven. Both the cake and the song, silly.

The meeting was uneventful, DH got me 2 of the Willow Creek statues I wanted and overall, it was good, and at my age, what more could I ask for other than many more. LOL.

1 comment:

Karmon said...

I am Happy That you had a good day. You Sooo deserve and much more. Love ya!