Saturday, July 02, 2005

The horizontal alarm

As promised, here is my theory on my horizontal alarm. Before you go of on a tangent, it is so not about sex. Just the opposite, it's all about sleep...or the lack there of. If you read the post below, you see I keep a wild schedule in my universe which leads me to spend the better part of my life wondering and dreaming up when I can lay down for a nap...not even a long Sunday afteroon, after church, while Nascar is on, before supper, before children kind of nap, but 20 minutes to 1 hour of blessed, uninterrupted, nobody calling my name SLEEEEEeeeeeep. I'm dreaming of one now just minutes before I have to get back to work (2 to be precise, I better get to my point).

My point is this. No matter what time of day or early evening I attempt to take a cat-nap, within 2 minutes of falling asleep the phone will ring. I wish I were overstating it, but it is true. My phone will not ring all day or night, but let me go horizontal and the phone RINGS.... like C.S. Lewis' brother Warnie said "Ring ring ring, jump up and answer me, now now now....blasted contraptions these telephones are". I love having a phone and, quite honestly, love getting phone calls, but why oh why am I only on people's minds while I'm trying to quite my mind and rest my weary head.

There you have it, work is at bay and I'm sooooooo tired, no attempted naps today, I have 4 boys ages 4 thru 15 in my house right now and napping is definately out of the question, so if you need to call me, why not call me now.

No comments: