Friday, July 22, 2005

A NEW GAME OF TAG

Here are my answers, add yours or give me a link to your Blog if you have already done it.

What was I doing 10 years ago:
10 years ago I was watching my mother fight (and win) a battle with breast cancer. I worked for a Christian radio station in a multi-role position, playing with my best friends children in Illinois and figured I would be single for the rest of my life, and adjusting to that fact.

What was I doing 5 years ago:
Well, our 6 year anniversary is coming up, so I was getting adjusted to this thing called marriage, working part time for a light rock radio station in Tennessee and for a heating and air conditioning company. DH and I were looking for a house instead of the tiny duplex in a questionable neighborhood. And I was trying to be a good stepmother.

What was I doing 1 year ago:
Wow. Changing diapers on my then 3 year old, rejoicing that he is alive and such a smart thing. Wondering how we would pay the bills. Thinking "I have to get a different job".

Yesterday:
Dreaming of a nap, any nap...horizontal is gooooooood. Trying to figure out what to cook for dinner and why I am so cold when DH complains he is hot. Trying also to figure out how you motivate a man to help around the house. Ha!

5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Ice Cream, generally coffee flavored or chocolate w/chocolate and more chocolate.
2. pie....I love PIE. go figure.
3. Coffee...hey to those of us who love it, yes it is a snack.
4. Ginee's chocolate chip cookies...can I get a care package???
5. Fresh fruit...blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, yummmmm

5 songs I know all the words to:
Working in radio for 15+ and considering all music poetry with background sounds, I have an unfair advantage.
1. Dear Friends by Charlie Peacock.
2. I want to be a Clone by Steve Taylor
3. All and any Daniel Amos songs
4. Pretty much any Margaret Becker song.
5. Most pop/light rock songs.

5 things I'd do with $100 million:
1. Tithe.
2. buy (pay cash) for a bigger house with 2 side houses on opposite sides of the property for my parents and my DH's parents.
3. Buy houses for our family.
4. Set up a fund for educational scholarships.
5. 3 words, National Kidney Foundation! (if they'd use it for pediatric research).

5 locations I'd run away to:
Wow, if I answer this then disappear are you gonna go looking for me here?
1. California (big state, good luck finding me)
2. England.
3. Italy.
4. Illinois (yep, I'd be at your house eating cookies Ginee ;-) )
5. Ireland.

5 bad habits:
Bad habits, me???
1. Over eating.
2. Under exercising.
3. Never sleeping.
4. Coffee.
5. Expecting too much.

5 things I like doing:
1. Sleeping.
2. Swimming.
3. Playing with Monkey Boy.
4. Hanging out w/other moms
5. Taking care of people.

5 thinks I'd never wear:
1. a binkni. I'd be arrested!
2. short shorts.
3. a collar and leash...get over it kids, it's not cute- it's sick.
4. a vial of blood around my neck ala angelina jolie.
5. open toed sandels.

5 TV shows I like:
1. CSI, the original, not the knock offs.
2. Green Wing (though BBC America says they are not carrying it anymore...it made me laugh out loud)
3. Robot Chicken (I can't believe I'm admitting this)
4. Family Guy
5. Forensic Files

5 Biggest joys at this moment:
1. Monkey Boy is napping.
2. our refinance is going through on Monday.
3. I see a new couch in my future.
4. God is alive and well and living here on planet earth!!!
5. All of this is temporary and we have an eternal home!

5 Favorite toys:
I love toys...this is a dangerous question
1. Discovery Toys' discontinued Peeks the Clown. LOVE him.
2. DT's Rush Hour, fun toy in the car.
3. Does my carpet cleaner count???
4. My dishwasher.
5. The gas grill.

5 Things I dislike:
1. Housework (I supposed if I didn't have to work full time I may feel differently here).
2. Potty training a child.
3. mean people/stupid people/the military (at this moment).
4. being FAT.
5. being broke.

TAG, you're it.

7 comments:

TamWill said...

MommaRia - we have tons in common!
I love coffee and homemade pie too! Too MUCH! My carpet cleaner is a fave of mine also.

I had a couch just like the one on the RoseAnne show, my gosh I think it was 15 yrs that I had that dreadful thing...finally got a new one last year. With Boys you hate to buy anything for you know it is going to get soiled and trampled on.
I feel like a drill sargeant over the couch!! Lol have a great day!

Kristen OQ said...

I hate potty training a child too -- we are deep in the trenches of it with my 2 year old son. Ugh...any tips??? ha

~B said...

Here's my blog with my answers to these questions. :)
www.solargrinfricke.blogspot.com

~B

lachen said...

Baby girl soul sister, everytime I get glimpses of your special life and heart, I feel like I just opened a Christmas present.

Love you more and am 100% with you on most of the items you would not wear. In fact, my list may even be more expansive than yours. :)

Love you...

MommaRia said...

Lachlan: They said 5...really, the list goes on and on. :)

how's hawaii??

MommaRia said...

Kristen: Well, Rewards have worked (toys for dry days is a good one. Go to a dollar store for the toys)

that and NO TV, music or toys for 1 hour every time he poops in his pants..

oh the joys of parenting.

lachen said...

Maui is glorious! Truly inspiring and refreshing.

But remember that list of things we would not wear? If only there were not so doggone many of them on display here... :)