Friday, July 08, 2005

New Bathroom Floor, Day 11

So 11 days ago a neighbor whom I now adore (and need to pay appropriately) came over and helped DH rip out our rotting bathroom floor. Apparently I am to be grateful I was not here to see just how rotten the wood subfloor really was because I would have totally freaked. (If you know me, you know it takes a bit to make me freak...so I too am grateful I did not see because the rotten wood was under the toilet. We had a rocking toliet for a while till I nagged enough! LOL). So T the neighbor and my DH tore out the old wood and put down new sub-floor with extra supports and then a layer of leuan (however you spell it). That is, unfortunately where it seems to stop. You see, T is no longer in the picutre and DH must finish the job himself (T volunteered his help, he goes to church with us and DH (at my nagging again) asked him for help since he has never fixed a floor before). Now, my husband is never very energetic, but REALLY, lets wrap this beast up. His first stall was to ask if I wanted to paint the bathroom. Of course. If we put this much work into it, lets get rid of the white wall issue. So he tells me before the tile is laid that I have to paint. So I get the primer on...then I get the Oops paint from Home Depot (full gallon of Behr paint for $5, LOVE the oops paint!!) in a BEAUTIFUL cappicino color that MB and I got on a date night. (Sidebar...MB asked to go to Home Depot for our date. LOL..raising a handyman ladies...get in line with your daughters he will be a hot ticket! *wink*). So now I have painted the bathroom (DH helped, I have to give him Kudos for that, the bathroom looks good so far.

However, day 11 and I still have no sink in my bathroom (wash hands in the tub or kitchen sink) and I want my bathroom BACK.

The kicker is I am the one to lay the tile...but he got a special sealant at HD and it is Latex which means I can not breath it. I am, you see, highly allergic to latex. When I pained the primer on the wall, latex, I got stupid and could not function (or breath properly) for the remainder of the afternoon, not good considering I did it while I was on break from work. So I have to wait for him to putty the floor, fill the screwheads and level it out and seal it to apply the tiles.

I WANT MY BATHROOM BACK, in it's entirety and soon. NOBODY is allowed to splash in the bathroom while the wood is exposed making for a frustrated 4 year old and a fussy wife.

*Sigh* I wish I could just do it myself, but for this one, I have to behave and wait....the hardest thing to do when this should have been a 2 or 3 day job tops.

T...can you come spark a fire under DH's butt???

No comments: