Friday, July 22, 2005

Today, I thank God for the small things in life...mainly today, the cordless telephone. Today I spent, literally, 15 minutes on hold waiting for a customer service rep to cancel an internet thingie that we did for a friend that ended up not working (long story, I'll spare you the details). I went to the compay's on-line site where it told me I could cancel the service. NOPE. no such link. So I had to *gasp* pick up the phone and call. There began the waiting.

The patience of Job I do not have, though I consider myself a somewhat patient person (stop laughing Ginee!) so I waited. And wondered....and sent MB to the bathroom...and surfed in another window...and checked the boards I hang out on...and started cleaning the kitchen...and took another phone call...and thought about cleaning the hamster cage...and cleaned MB who decided today he would poop in his pants to see if mom would be consistent in her making him sit on the couch w/o television, toys or music...and then, finally, somebody answered the phone.

I heard the singing of angels in his voice, or was that the Muzak being killed in my ears (which sounded like a mariachi band...nobody should be forced to listen to Mariachi music unwillingly for 15 mintues). Anyway customer service was finally on the line...or were they. The person said his name, asked me why I wanted to cancel the service and then .............silence........... The kind of silence that makes one thing one has been hung up on again by a less than stellar customer service department. "hello?" I question. He is still there.....apparently the computer was S L O W so he could not address me by my name...ROFLOL.. I don' t care if you don't know my name...breathe or something so I know you are on the line.

So, the service got cancelled. I used my 15 mintues "wisely" and gained patience in the process. Anybody else I should call today, I really need to wash the kitchen floor...and for some reason, I feel like Mexican for lunch...Ole!

1 comment:

Karmon said...

WOW. I would have hung up after 5 minutes. My boys are awful when I'm on the phone. It's like they suddenly "need" me. lol