Friday, July 15, 2005

Have you ever...

Have you ever been a part of something you knew was beyond your scope of understanding and well beyond you capabilities. This happened to me this week and the story continues on. I was on hand along with my DH and MonkeyBoy (MB) when a friend of ours had a medical emergency. This had to be, by far, the scariest moment of my life and I have had a few scary moments. I heard V, my friend, call out my name and arrived in her room in time to watch her collapse into a horrible seizure on the bed.

I have dealt with a LOT of medical drama in my life from my mom diagnosed with blood clots on my 16th birthday, my dad in a wreck that fractured 3 of his vertebrae, my mom and dad being diagnosed with Cancer, my brother with Hepatitis, my own near death experience from a pulmonary embolism and my son being born in renal failure, being on dialysis and then going through a kidney transplant. I am here to tell you, watching somebody you really care about, knowing her husband is in Iraq and her daughter is in a daycare you don't know where be taken to an ambulance after what looked like a horrible seizure will put you into a panic immediately. I never prayed so hard in my life. There are details of things I saw that will never leave my memory and I pray nobody has to see. But there was PRAYER (and 911).

Some other friends have talked about the uncanny timing of all things in this situation, but if you, dear reader, have not read others, let me tell you. The situation was SO out of my comfort zone but so in God's that I still get heebed out when I think about it. Right after V was taken off in the ambulance her husband messaged her from Iraq...and I was there when the computer "rang". I jumped on and told him the scary news and found out were baby K was. I also remembered the nickname K has for her grandma and called V's mom and got her ready to come down and help too. I was able to get baby K and get to the ER and check on V.

WE are nowhere near done with this situation. WE are all (and there are more ppl doing this than I can mention now) fighting the military to get J back from Iraq, V is improving, but she has a long road ahead as it turned out she had a small stroke and, thankfully, baby K is oblivious to what is happening, as far as I can tell.

I freaked when it happened and my natural response is to run from God because it is scary to me the ways he chooses to use me (this is not the first time I have been in a situation, placed by God, that I am totally uncomfortable in, I bet it will not be the last). I, in my flesh, have to fight the desire to sin, rationalizing that God will not use me if I sin...silly huh.

I look at this as a "paying it forward" situation. I was able to use all of my own medical issues, my families medical issues and my knowledge to help a friend in dire need. But this was done for me too. You see, back in 1996 I had a blood clot that turned into the Pulmonary embolism and if it were not for my friend Doug who was visiting me to check on my ankle (sprained it slug hunting, that is a story for a much later time) when the PE moved and I suddenly could not breath. He rushed me to the hospital and saved my life. Doug, I am sorry for the fear and trauma I put you through and THANK YOU for saving my life that I could save anothers.

3 comments:

lachen said...

Amen.

If the qualifying criteria in order tobe used for the work of God's Kingdom was perfection or anything near it, we would all be in salvations' unemployment line.

It is our FLAWS, our SINS, our SEEKing after God's own heart which God will use to minister to others if we open ourselves to that amazing, humbling experience.

I love that you are now recognizing that through your imprefections, HE IS PERFECT.

God Bless you my dear friend

Karmon said...

Maria-

I see you as Nessa's Guardian Angel. The boys and I say this prayer every night before bed.

Angel Guardian
Angel of God, my Guardian dear, to whom His love commits me here, ever this night be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.

Now when we say it. I'll be pictureing you. ((HUGS))

MommaRia said...

K-
Thank you for your kind words. Everybody keeps referring to us as angels. Knowing what I know of angels, they are hard wired to serve and love God, I could only aspire to such greatness.

Thank you for your kinkd words.