Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Prisoner in my own home

I don't know what it is about working from home, but I'm feeling a bit "Trapped". I have days when I don't even leave the house...don't ever make it out of the pajamas I started working in and am thankful I have a few brain cells left at the end of the day to rub together.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful I can work from home and have a fairly flexible schedule (sort of) . I get to stay home and help the idot box raise my son. I am the first to admit he watches WAY too much television while I'm working. I theorize that because it is all educational (and a few Disney programs and Spongebob) that it is okay. He just turned 4 and can read 3 letter words, so I must be doing SOMETHING right. I watched FAR too much television as a kid and it did not kill me either, so I am refusing to beat myself up too much about that.

The thing that really bothers me though is that my day starts at 5:30 in the morning; up, give monkey boy is medicine, start the coffee, read my devotion and start work by 6 am. Then I fight with my husband to get him up and off to work (while I'm already working, generally in my jammies). I am scheduled to work from 6 a to 10 a and have a million interruptions from monkey boy, some requiring a little time some a lot, and then have from 10 a to 2 p to do my "thang" whatever that may be for that day....play with monkey boy, get his meds to him, run doctor appointments as necessary, clean my pig stye of a house, grocery shopping, wash the dishes, fold the laundry piling up in the tiny laundry room (hey, at least it's clean...usually) run MB to the library or playdate or MOPS or whatever else is happening, start dinner and, usually, collapse for about a 20 to 30 minute rest (We'll talk more about my obvious horizontal alarm in another post). Then it's back to the grind till 6 pm. Cook dinner, clean up from dinner, clean up after MB and get him ready for bed. Then it's time to entertain DH, usually we just watch TV for an hour or so...before you know it, the Tick (see earlier post) is over, it's 10:30 and I'm about dead to the world.

I have the same 24 hours in a day, why is it I can not get anything done? I feel like I live in the whirlwind and reap the mess from it. I look to cut stuff out, but really, what? It is all daily living stuff. I think I need a clone. She could go out and do all the fun stuff I really miss like a lazy cup of coffee, playing cards with a friend, window shopping (another post on this sometime too. I HATE spending money, so shopping is a chore), sleeping past 10 am...how long has it been.

I really need a vacation...anybody have a destination for me? I think my job is my biggest obstacle in my day. LOL. I'm looking for some pardon papers soon.

No comments: