Tuesday, September 06, 2005

What in the blazes is wrong witth these people

I can not believe what I am reading today now that the NG is getting into the currently "empty" dome. Look, I know it was rough, but WHY IN THE HELL is there a 7 year old girl dead in a refrigerator with her throat slashed. NO hurricane did that, some piece of work who thought somebody owed him/her something did that. OMG...I can not even begin to imagine how the parents would feel. I would die if that happened to my child. What kind of monsters were in the dome? There is NO WAY anybody can blame THAT on President Bush. That is a crime of ignorance and self absorbed animalism that came on somebody LONG before the hurricane.

I am sick to my stomach as I type this and in tears. If this is the future of our society that seems hellbent on teaching situational ethics and well as narsicicism I really fear for the future of my MB and all the other kiddos coming up behind him.

As if the tragedy of the hurricane were not enough in and of itself, why must men (the universal mankind, but I see no KIND in this situation) insist on making it worse.

I think I need to focus on Mississippi where the whole city was destroyed but no 7 year old girls were found murdered in a fridge, where people are going out of their way to HELP one another not hurt, riot and loot.

Mississippi, my heart goes out to you. To most of Louisiana, what the heck were you thinking. (please note I said MOST).

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

It's horrible! There are no words for these actions.

These are the people we are saving & helping - now I know they all are not like that BUT when I lived there stories like this were so abundant on the news channels, the papers every day that they cant even tell every story - the poverty & especially the crime there in unreal. You becmoe numb & block it out in a way.

It shocks me, but in a way it doesnt - thats so sad to say. It shocks me in a way to think someone could ever bring themselves to do that.
And that we have to live with people like this in our worls - the innocence of that 7-year-old just taken away in a second.

And most of the nation does not know this stuff (the crime & the poverty there)- unless you lived there, people really dont know how these New Orleans think, act, etc about daily life. They are like animals - so they are treated like animals. And they wonder why the rescue is being handled like it is! COME ON! WAKE UP!!!

ITS NOT THE RACE FACTOR - its how ignorant and how animal like they live their lives. They need to get off their butts, get a job. Get an education. STOP killing, raping, looting. Then, you will be treated like every one else.

TamWill said...

Oh nessa you are so RIGHT ON!

This situation is sad. I do NOT understand why someone would harm a child. We live in a sick, twisted world. And it sad but true.

I trust NO ONE with MY children.

And if the Mayor of Houston tells me to evacuate, believe me, I WILL do that.

New Orleans is different in lots of ways, I think Nessa gave a perfect description.

Karmon said...

I have been avoiding the news the past few days. I am sick to my stomach right now. I am the mother of a 7yo and cannot imagine what those parents are going thru. Worst part is that her killer may never be caught.

lachen said...

This adds to the LOVELY news permeating today's scrolls about the ENTIRE nursing home full of invalid, geriatric patients that were found dead in New Orleans after the waters receded. Apparently, their caregivers just left them there to die.

Add this to the reports of snipers firing at the crews up on the communications and electrican crews up on telephone towers and poles, working to try to restore service.

And you have a lovely little pitcure of what's REALLY going on down there and why rescue efforts may have faced unexpected hindrances (are you paying attention, Nancy Pelosi???)

Um, idiots? QUITE SHOOTING AT PEOPLE, RAPING AND PILAGING your city, and KILLING your childen and elderly.

With these acidic examples of humanity in the forefront down there right now, my entire soul is sick. What, exactly, are we trying to rescue? Killers? Theives? The morally depraved?

I realize there are good and decent people in New Orleans and lost everything. My heart goes out without reservation to these folks. But to those of you goverment sucklings, immoral, selfish, criminal bastards who are turning this disaster into another opportunity to prey on your fellow man:

May God have mercy on your souls. Because I feel no such compunction.