Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Things I never knew about butterflies

We had some overdue books and videos (only 1 day, no fee baby!!!) so though we need gas and are budgeting it carefully, I had to venture to the library today. It's a nice day in Tennessee, sunny and only hovering around 90, not horribly humid but not great window weather. All in all a pretty day.

We get to the library and since MB is suffering from run-across-a-parking-lotitis and I really don't want to spank him (that is a spanking offense in our house) we park next to the building thus no lot to cross to get to the library.

The Horticulture Club of our town does a FANTASTIC job of keeping the library beautiful (maybe I should join so I could learn how to plant a garden, flower or otherwise). The Marigolds are out in full bloom right now at the library and MB LOVES flowers (mostly to pick them, but generally to sniff them). We see a bunch of butterflies on the marigolds. MB asks to pick one. "no honey, those are for all of us to enjoy. Aren't they pretty". "Yes momma" is the awed reply I get. "Will the butterflies be here when we leave?" "I don't know baby, we'll see".

We go pick out new videos and books and head out about 30 minutes later.

The butterflies, alas, have gone. The funny conversation goes like this:
"Mommy, where did the butterflies all go?".
"I don't know sweetie, but if you want to smell the flowers go ahead.".
"Mommy, I can't sniff the flowers!" (insert stop of foot here).
"Why not hunny?"
"The butterflies POOPIED on them!" (turns in disgust and walks away)

I swear, where does this kid come up with this stuff?????

4 comments:

TamWill said...

How sweet and funny too. God bless the little ones for making us smile :O)

I did not know that you live in Tennesee, I have wanted to visit there for a long time now.

Have you been to Dollywood, Graceland or Loretta Lynn's Dude ranch?
Take care Momma and hug MB for me.

MommaRia said...

LOL, wrong side of the state. I live outside of Nashville, by the airport.

If you happen through, lets find a way to meet up.

Hows the mom situation?

Vanessa said...

LMAO - oh goodness! I love these kids. Some of the things they come up with are too much!

lachen said...

Oh man. Now I have to think about THIS whenever I see an innocent butterfly resting on a flower. Thanks a LOT, little man.

LOL