Friday, September 02, 2005

The innocence of children

Every night at 9:30p I have to give MB medicine. He is usually asleep when I do this. A whisper of "it's mommy" and he opens his mouth and takes his meds without a fight. I don't know what it is about a sleeping child but I have to kiss that angelic face. All sweaty and shiny (the kid sleeps in a 'cave' of blankets, none of which cover him, but surround him on his lower bunk bed like a cocoon). He usually does not wake up when I kiss him. I can not resist the secret kiss between me and God and my precious boy. He does not remember them...I will never forget them. The innocence. The trust. The sheer love.

I am amazed and awed when I think that GOD himself loves to look upon me while I sleep and is filled with such joy for me as well.

God looks down on all of us with the wonder, joy and concern we look at our kids with, and we look at our world with. Even when we have had a bad day, God still loves us and rejoices that we are his creation, fashioned in his image, for HIS glory, to honor and love Him back.

Just like MB sleeping in his cave.


I wonder if God leans over and kisses us and we just don't remember in the morning.

8 comments:

Karmon said...

That was Beautiful!

Vanessa said...

That was just beautiful M! I do the same thing to Tater every night ... it's the innocense, the beauty of our child - so sweet, so quiet (lol). A moment that will never leave our hearts.

lachen said...

Crying has not felt this good all week. God bless you for asserting this glimpse of innocence into a week where God's light is shining for all of us in new ways.

TamWill said...

Awe so sweet and true. Children are so precious and loving. *Hugs*

Angela said...

very sweet, I like to think they know mommy's kisses even if they don't seem awake, in a nudge or move they make, or a crack of a smile, they know

Adrian said...

we're we like that when we were young?

Little Dreamer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MommaRia said...

H - we were probably a little weirder...but I'm trying hard to corrupt my monkey boy in a good way *wink*