Wednesday, September 21, 2005

On Cabbages and Kings

Get used to the blog in big print, I think I need new glasses. Sad but true.

If you know Alice in Wonderland you get my title..if not, sorry, I'm totally random today.

What is it about kids and bathrooms? MB is very fond of playing in the bathroom (behold the power of water splashing all over the bathroom...dear boy, how on earth did you get the back of the door wet??) Well, today, while I was working I hear MB in the bathroom. He comes out asking to brush his teeth, so I give him the bubble gum toothpaste and his dolphin brush and send him off....

a short while later, while holding by bladder longer than any human should after drinking 3-1/2 cups of coffee and I run to the bathroom....but wait....the door is LOCKED and there is nobody in there. I hear you laughing and urging me to use the master bathroom right? Sure, if we HAD another bathroom. We are stuck w/only 1 bathroom and MB locked and then shut the door. I am happy to say I called daddy at work and asked him how to jimmy the lock and I am potty accident free! LOL...kids. I have now forbidden MB to lock the door which means he will lock it again later today. *sigh*

On a WILD (and just to prove how sick I really am) note, I found BACON bandages. LOL...it's a Band-Aid that looks like bacon. It cracks me up. I really want to get them for MB, but they are a bit pricy. This site http://www.mcphee.com/index.html has a lot of goofy, over the top stocking stuffers I can't wait to get for DH and the boys. LOL>...maybe my stocking will be filled with bacon bandages. It's sick but too funny. They also have a bacon air freshener, but it really smells like bacon and that is just TOO much temptation. At least the band-aids are not greasy or scented. Who thinks this stuff up? I want that job.

MOPs is on Friday and today MB tells me he has a headache. He's been telling me this all morning, so now I know it is real. I gave him some Tylenol about 30 minutes ago and he tells me it is gone now, but MOPs is Friday and I'm in charge of the kiddos. What, pray tell, am I going to do if he is sick? I'm IN CHARGE....
How did I know this would happen.

I know I wanted to tell you more, but worries for the folks in Texas has overshadowed my brain today (not that it was not a bit addled anyway), so I will let you go now.
Here's to hoping Rita mellows out a bit before she gets any closer....

2 comments:

lachen said...

OK, bacon bandages is about the grossest thing ever. If they come up with sausage link bandaids, I am writing a letter. LOL

MommaRia said...

they have sushi band aids too...should I send those to Cali?

LOL..