Thursday, September 08, 2005

Gila monster spit.

I have decided to take a detour in my quest to get rid, literally, of half of me. As I posted earlier in my blog, I have been considering gastric bypass as a way to lose weight. Do I think this would be easy...nope. I'm not that naive. But I'm also, it seems, a giant chicken. I have a bad feeling about me and GB and have since I started considering it 5 years ago. I know to lose weight takes discipline and desire 90% the former and 10% the latter. If it were all desire I'd weigh 120 to 150 by now. But I don't. And I am not a happy camper where I am. I can't do simple stuff anymore, but I digress.

Today I started on a new medication. . . Basically it is a chemical in the spit of a Gila monster. Yes, the lizard. It is an injection (just like an insulin injection from the pen for those who have done that) that you take 15 min. before breakfast (or first meal of the day) and 15 min. before dinner. I started it with dinner. I was told the only side effect is nausea. I am thankful that is not what I have experienced. BUT, it does make you feel, rather uncomfortably, full. Like you already ate too much. It is a hormone that re-stimulates the hormone my compulsive over eating has destroyed. The key is to eat till you are full...which did not take long.

We had spaghetti for dinner tonight. I ate less than the 4 year old, which oddly has been my theory all along. If I could eat as much as my 4 year old eats, I would be thinner.

I am VERY Careful when it comes to this kind of stuff. I tried Meridia before, and though it worked, I had some pretty uncomfortable side effects and stopped it immediately. I will do the same again, believe me.

Tonight, I have some hope. I did find out at the docs office that I am 6 pounds lighter than I was 2 weeks ago, so that's a good thing. I have also begun exercises as much as my body will allow first thing in the morning. I know it is going to take time. I have to do this. Thank you for participating in my adventures in weight loss. I would post current weight here, but shame prohibits me from doing that right now. Just know, it's gonna get lower.

7 comments:

lachen said...

That SIX POUNDS have found their way OFF of your frame within the last week is worthy of celebration. I cannot help but think Gila Monster Spit sohuld be bright green, so I am trying to keep myself from mentally entertaining images of your shooting up bright green goo from a little epi-pen.

ack. too late.

IT WILL HAPPEN if you allow God the driver's seat in this vital step in your life. I fully and wholly believe in His power to heal and trust in your utmost faithfulness to Him through this journey.

TamWill said...

Good Job Mommaria, keep it up!

You will get there...it takes time and determination and I think you have what it takes!

Little Dreamer said...

Hey Lachen,
I will report if the shooting of the Green Goo makes her glow in the dark......

Karmon said...

WTG Maria! You can do it. 6 pounds is quite a bit. I am so happy for you

Hero said...

I need to get me some of that! Way to go!

Vanessa said...

Can't get over the idea of lizard spit in a needle injecting it into my body - eeewwww. But, I hope it works for you sweetie {{HUGS}}

Blaming the 6lbs on me! shame, shame! LOL

Anonymous said...

My name is Jennifer Thomson and i would like to show you my personal experience with Meridia.

I am 24 years old. I have been taking it for about 1 week and have noticed since the first day that it curbs my appettite. I haven't weighed in yet until the end of my second week.

I usually have side affects with almost any medication. This medication did not cause any side affects at all.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Jennifer Thomson