Thursday, September 15, 2005

A little pepper in there for ya......

I was going to say potpourri, but I know guys read this too. Hehehe.. This one is all over the place updates:

Andrew and Amy: They got to go home from the hospital this morning. Andrew definitely has severe obstructive sleep apnea and has to be on oxygen at night. The good news is that all he needs is his tonsils and adnoids taken out at this point. He will probably also have a G-tube placed so that he can get rid of his NG tube (and we all know how much I hate, detest, despise, and abhor the NG tube in any face for more than 3 months. MB had his for over 2 years and Andrew has had his since he was 2 months old (he's over 2 years w/it now too). So the G-tube will help him eat, talk, etc. and it will be a good thing. I will let you know when they are ready to do that so those who pray can pray for one of my favorite little men.

MB thought of the day: Not really a though for today, but he sure did crack me up with it. In my attempt to raise a logical, linear thinking, self sufficient male, I told MB to turn the light on in his room using the kitchen broom (actually, his toy broom, he loves to sweep what can I say) but he uses my kitchen broom (sadly, probably more than I) and now has dubbed it the "turn on the light 6000" and every time he uses it to turn on the light he THANKS ME for inventing my "turn on the light 6000". This kid is going to make me wet my pants laughing one of these days.

Gila Monster Spit (aka Byetta): Well, finally, I don't get totally sick when I use it. It took a week. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, I'm not sure yet) I can now eat more than when I first started taking it. See, even the magic bullet requires discipline on my part. Nothing is ever easy is it. LOL.

My Scale: My bathroom scale is now officially smoking dope. It says that MB weights 51 pounds. Yeah, with a brick hanging down his back. MB weighed 35 pounds (almost 36) at his doc visit last Thursday....so if he suddenly gained that much weight I'd wonder where he is stashing the brownies and why his pants still fall off. That being said, my weight, according to the drugged out scale, is down 52 pounds. LOL. I guess I will just stay off of it and wait till I get to the doc at the end of the month.

TOYS: Hey, I guess I shouldn't just put it out there, but I'm gonna. Discovery Toys is collecting for hurricane relief. For every dollar donated to the Red Cross through Discovery Toys, we will donate $5 in toys to schools (preschools and public and private schools) in the affected areas. If you want to donate and you know my email, email me and we will work it out. And of course, if you want to do a catalog party for Christmas, we can work that out too.

I'm sure there is more I meant to update you on, but I'm tired, just cleaned out the fridge and need to do dishes and because my chicken is not thawed in time...Chinese is on the way (I did veggie lo mien, thanks for asking!)

6 comments:

Karmon said...

WTG! Maria Congrats on the weight. We can losr together. I re-joined Curves this week.

I'll checkout the DT website and get back to ya. I love the book that I ordered for Chaser.

Love ya!

Hero said...

Is your scale a manual or digital? I can specifically remember messing with my mom's scale when we were little by rotating the knob on the bottom. Maybe MB has been getting funny with it.

TamWill said...

On your weight loss all I have to say is YOU GO GURL! You can do it!!

Do you have a website for your Discovery Toys?

Also, how old is MB? One of my Twins is pretty small and underweight, he is 8 and weighs 45 lbs.

MommaRia said...

Tam: I do not have a website, I can not afford one right now, but I may get one going soon. If you want to look on the website it is discoverytoysinc.com but I don't have my page yet, so if you want to donate or buy, please contact me at kissiefish @ tds.net
THanks on the weight thing. I'm hoping I'm not stalling out!!!
MB is 4 (about 4-1/2 already, how time flies). I know he's skinny, but to watch him eat, you'd never know it...he's just ALWAYS moving.

Hero: Thanks...it's digital and I hate it. Seriously. We just don't have good luck w/scales around here. LOL...not sure if that is good or bad.

K: Always good to see you. I'm so glad you and Chaser like those books...they are fun aren't they...now do some Mad Libs with that boy! :-)

Vanessa said...

Continues PT&P for little Andrew {hugs}.

Gotta love these 4-year-olds ;)

LMAO - please get a new scale! If we could loose or gain that much weight in a week, I'd so want to know the secret!

Mmmmmmmmmmm .... Chineeeee .... you're such a tease!

Love ya!

lachen said...

Ok, can I borrow your scale for awhile? *grin*

Honey, ignore the scale and listen to your own body. Continue to eat well and dance with the gila monster juice and see where it leads. I am thrilled at the progress already!

Loving you through this...