Saturday, October 01, 2005

One way to know you have a great babysitter

Are you ready? When your child CRIES because she is leaving and then pushes you to the door and tells you to leave again so she can stay.

I tell you what S.....you are a keeper girl!

I called her this week to come babysit just because MB has done nothing but talk about his babysitter (in the yellow shirt) for 5 days, yes 5 days. He refers to her as "My babysitter....I love her". I wonder if she's feeding him extra junk in his bedroom when I leave (no food allowed in the bedroom!!. I bet she is handing him M & M's. LOL.....

Granted, she is a cute little giddy blonde thing who can drive and loves playing with kids....but what spell have you cast upon my son and where were you 4 years ago! Holy Cow.

SO I call her to just "come play" with MB who is beside himself telling everybody at the grocery store that his babysitter in the yellow shirt ("I looooovve her mommy.) is coming to the house. He must have asked me 30 times while shopping what time it was. I guess he did have a hot date.

I am going to have to lock this kid in his room when he turns 13.

On the really plus side, she's trained in CPR, drives so I don't have to, and thinks MB is the sweetest thing since Pop Tarts started going in the freezer. She is also an on-fire Christian girl who LOVES people. Her family took in a family from Louisiana and she cried because they are moving out this week (down the street from them).

Yep, she's a keeper.

3 comments:

TamWill said...

She sounds like a true blessing for MB and you as well.

Good babysitters are rare, glad you found one :O)

MommaRia said...

Tam: I didn't find 1 I found 4. It took me 4 years to find these fantastic young ladies, but I trust them and they are awesome!

The first 4 years we never got to go out b/c everybody was afraid to take care of MB..butnow that you can't tell he was so sick, he's just a normal kid you have to give meds to all day :)

Vanessa said...

It's SO comforting to have a great babysitter (even though MB tried pushing you out the door - hehehe).