Thursday, October 27, 2005

More random stuff

I have a few good job leads before I crawl to Wally-World and apply for a job. I will call one on Friday (that I actually hope I get) to set up an interview. Prayers and positive thoughts are apprecitated on that one. It's just a few minutes from my house and I have found some excellent child care for MB should I get this job. Some of my plans will have to change, but God is still in the midst of it all. I know he is.

I have lost more weight. When I stepped on the scale at the docs office (the scale I will trust as opposed to my personal scale which is on crack, but has been giving me consistent wacky numbers lately so I can actually gauge whether I am going up or down by it) I have lost a total of 16 pounds on the Byetta (Lizzard spit) now. I still get pretty nauseated on it, but I can usually function now. I have been on it for 2 months. I did pass one barrier in weight that I really wanted to pass, now I have my eyes on the next one. Here, and only here, I will confess that I did not take the Byetta yesterday because I did not feel like suffering it's effects in combination with "aunt flow" (you girls know what I mean). I have to say, I now have a good healthy fear of food! Even though I did eat a little more than I would on the Byetta, I did not eat anywhere near what I would have previously. I just don't want to. Nothing sounds good anymore. LOL....that is a good thing.

Home schooling has taken a bit of a turn with the reversal of fortunes as far as work is concerned. I have a feeling I will be sending MB to the local *gulp* public school unless I get a great paying job where I can afford to send him to one of the private schools. I have till August to figure this all out, so I will not sweat it right now.

Finally,

DH has given me the opportunity to move back to my beloved state of Illinois. I am not sure I am ready to do this yet. I know that sounds weird to anybody who knows me and knows how much I really want to be back in Illinois, but leaving now presents a LOT of problems. The step-kids would not be able to come with us, we would have to do a lot of work to sell our house, it is OUR house and bit it tiny as it is it is the only home MB has ever known, I finally resigned myself that I live in Tennessee and I"m getting used to it. I have friends now here (not as good as my friend anxiously waiting for me to come back to Illinois, but friends) and a good church and MOPs. I would miss our neighbors too. They are good people. Not sure what we are doing yet, it all hinges on me finding another job.

3 comments:

MommaRia said...

Shannon, you must be new. Thanks for responding. It's actually a medicine based on the spit of the gila monster (aka lizzard spit). It helps control appetite and blood sugar in type 2 diabetes. One 'side effect' of the med is weight loss because it makes you feel full (thereby sick) all the time and you just don't want to eat. I have lost about 20 to 25 pounds in 2 months on it and am growing less fond of food every day. It just does not taste good anymore.

It's called Byetta if you wanted to look it up.

Hope that helps.

TamWill said...

Ok I feel real ignorant ...what is Aunt flow? just curious :O)

MommaRia said...

woman code for our period of course LOL.