Tuesday, October 25, 2005

CHA CHA CHA CHANGES!!!

Thanks to Mr. Bowie for the song and to my previous employer for hoisting it upon me. I lost my job yesterday. Part of me is scared spitless, part of me is happy I don't have to sit here and type all day long. I do, however, have to find a job, and pretty quickly at that. This is a great time of year for seasonal employment, but not much else, I'm afraid. I do have a few good leads and ideas and one very interesting proposition that involves moving back to my home state of Illinois....Land of Lincoln, Land I LOVE. There is an awful lot to consider and I really don't want to miss God in all of this. I believe He orchestrated it all, honestly. I never really did like doing medical transcription, but it was a way to stay home with MB.

That is one of my big sticking points. I have a good friend who is looking to take in some kids for daycare and I love and trust her and we have a lot of the same philosophies in parenting. She also intends to home school her kids. This is an option, but an expensive one. I need a great paying job to pull it off, and I am not sure how I feel about being separated from MB for 8 hours per day. I have never done that except the couple of days he went to Illinois with daddy and I stayed home to work.

Lots of cha cha cha changes.
it was David Bowie wasn't it? Ah old age and stress...the brain zapper.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

{{HUGS}} about the job sweetie, but I do know how much you hated it! *HE* did have a hand in it all - look at me & my situation, TOTALLY a greater purpose. And you know how I feel about you moving - Im all for it. Not that Im trying to get rid of you - lol - I love you guys being so close & will be the only mommy left in Redneck country :( But, for the effect the move will have on all your lives will be wonderful!! I think it will bring a lot less chaos, stress removal, etc. We too hope that make that transition sooner than later. Love you guys!

Wayne said...

One thing you might what to condiser is do like your friend and start a in-home daycare. Some states will let you keep up to 5 kids with no license or minimal license. At $125 to $150 a week that could ad up to some real good money. Worth a look at.

MommaRia said...

Wayne: thanks for that. I had actually thought about doing just that, but my house is not very child friendly. We have 1200 sq ft and itis VERY crowded with stuff and we live on a HILL. It is pretty steep and I think parents might not want to keep their kids on a hill though my son loves the hill. This is always an option. Thanks.

TamWill said...

When one door close another one opens...I pray that the Lord will provide an answer for you :O) LOL