Monday, October 10, 2005

I had a dream...

I have been praying a lot lately about what I am supposed to be doing with my life (other than the obvious wife and mother, which plays into it all eventually).

If you did not know, I have "done" radio since 1987 in one way or another, stopping only in the last 2 years to concentrate on my family and MB. Though I am very fulfilled in my role as mom and wife (not housekeeper though, I need some serious help there) I am by no means as fulfilled in my work as a medical transcriptionist. It, right now, it is just a job and one I don't want to do anymore at that. It was all right for the first 2 years, but lately I'm just bored. I don't want to say I'm not challenged in the work because I am, but I don't feel the least bit fulfilled by my work. They say if you spend over 40 hours per week doing something you ought to enjoy it. I just don't anymore.

So I have been praying.

I have been having "radio dreams". What this means for those who have never had a "radio dream" it is that you are in a studio, there is DEAD AIR (nothing on the air) and you have to figure out within seconds how to get the station back on the air, but the board and all the equipment is different that what you have been trained on and the manager is storming down the hall. Yep, stressful dream, but common among all in the field.

Since I had been having the "radio dream" again I felt maybe that is the direction I need to be headed back into. I just came back from a couple hour visit w/a friend on the air at a national network here in Nashville. I worked with him about 5 years ago at another network type station. It was an enjoyable time to be back in a radio station and I got to talk to the program director who says he may have something for me, most likely part time.

But now that I am back home, I'm not sure I'm walking the right path. I really need some sort of big neon sign from God right now as to what I am supposed to be doing.

The whole MB school thing is always simmering somewhere in the background....will the job be enough that I can quit transcription?...will I ever feel fulfilled in my work again or do I just need to go get a "job" where I can bring money into the house and LEAVE my job behind?

So many thoughts swirling in my head. I really wish God would just plop it all in my lap. I NEED him to do that because I don't want to traipse down the wrong path and discourage myself further.

I guess this is just another of my wandering posts.....maybe even wondering....but this is my journey and you are welcome along. Input is always appreciated. Advise is always considered.

No comments: