Wednesday, October 05, 2005

There is somthing foul in the air....

Apparently yesterday was a good day. Today...much worse. I have never felt like such a complete and utter failure in a long long time.

I feel like a failure because I neglect my son for work, but apparently the job I have done for 3-1/2 years now I suddenly am incapable of doing correctly and I'm being penalized (and probalby about to be booted).

I feel like a failure at home because my house is perpetually a train wreck.

I feel like a failure as a wife for more reasons than time, space and my husband would appreciate me posting here and now.

I feel like a failure as a woman because I feel like a blob, don't do my hair, am not bothering with make up and my clothes....well...unstylish comes to mind immediately.

I feel like a failure as a Christian because I just don't have enough faith...for so many things.

I feel like a failure as a "helper" because now my income is not enough to help my family.

where did I go wrong? If you know, tell me because I need to put it to right and fast before things get much worse....they always can. They can also get better....somewhere is a flicker of hope that it will get better, but I need it soon.

thanks for listening to me whine.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

You are NOT a failure!!!! Please remember that. There are things in all our lives that dont turn out the way we had planned, but we do them to our best and keep on our path of life. Don't live with regret - it will drag you down.

You are an amazing mother, you are a hard working, there is SO much on your plate, you are one of the strongest women I know.

You are who you are - you are an amazing woman!!! (I know I am one to talk & I am on this journey with you) but tell yourself this every day!!! So little things every day for yourself - take time for yourself, even if that means telling DH - "Listen here buddy - I need my time too!"

{{HUGS}} I hope this funk blows by soon. Remember your silver lining - it is there!

~B said...

I'm just a random blogger, but I have felt the way that you have felt lots of times. Hang in there, Satan is on your tail and you just have to rebuke him and he'll flee. You are valuable, you are a mother. Read Captivating, it's by John and Stasi Eldredge. I am still reading it right now, very helpful for women.

Hang in there please.

~B

TamWill said...

mommaria-I know exactly how you feel, I get this way too. Feel down and low, unattractive...its called the blahs.

Do something for yourself and do it by yourself...it works for me.

I love ya and I know that you know that this feeling is temporary.

Your a tough cookie, so put the devil in his place and look at the positive things you do.