Thursday, May 01, 2008

Wow it's been a long time, how things change

I can't believe I have not been here since Christmas. Well, yes I can. We have been working on moving. Selling a house in a crisis market and finding one we can afford. I'm happy to say that these aspects are taken care of. We now have gone from a 1048 sq foot house to a monster of a 2200+ unfinshed basement house. We got a decent deal, but it's a LOT More money, and for somebody who is always stressed about money, that is not a good thing.

We are happily and slowly trying to unpack.

My dad is coming for a visit next week to see our new house. He is "trial visiting" to see if he could live with us. Ha. This ought to be fun. He really does need to get out of Texas though. He is entirely too far away if and when he needs help. It sucks that he is so far away.

The other thing I am a bit reluctant to note less my father actually find my blog. I am in the midst of a "pseudo medical crisis". It appears I have some nodes on my thyroid that are pretty big. I had a biopsy yesterday. That was most uncomfortable. Basically, 2 needles in each lobe to "numb" and then 5 passes with a needle into each suspect nodule to test for the Big C, for a total of 14 sticks in my neck. Yeah. You never realize how much you use your neck muscles when you bend over, sleep, turn your head, etc. until it feels like somebody has punched through your neck. I'm exhausted and in pain basically. The bad part is we will not know for another few days if it's bad or not so bad news. The not so bad is that they are taking the thyroid out anyway because it is so big and swollen and pressing on my trachea. We won't talk about the bad. I really don't think it is anyway.

MB turns 7 this month. He wants a pizza party/sleepover. I have had to explain over and over that the girls can come for pizza and cake, but not for sleepover. No mixed sleepovers...not even at 7.

We also have adopted a golden retreiver named, Goldie. LOL. She's a mess, but at least she is good to MB and does not pee in the house. She sleeps contentedly by DH's bedside. LOL. He hates that. We are also house sitting a friend's bird dog while she looks for a house. She was buying/selling the same time we were and her deal fell through, so she's rather homeless (we offered to let her live here, but she's too proud) but her dog has a big yard to run in now.

I forgot to mention that. We live on a busy street now, but we have a HUGE back yard. I'm getting berry bushes for Mother's day!

Sorry it's been so long. I will be a better blogger and update more frequently. Check in as we walk through the Valley of the Shadow together.

No comments: