Monday, May 05, 2008

So I had this dream the other night.

I had a dream. In this dream, the woman who did my ultrasounds on the thyroid was the one who told me the situation.

She said, "Well, there were 4 larger nodules. We biopsied one on the left and one on the right." Then, in my dream, she went on to say "The left one is fine, but the right one is a dirty little lump". ROFLMAO....does that mean the right one is just bigger or that it's the nasty C word? Or does it mean I have really weird dreams! Somehow, I think it was because I got back on the internet on Saturday night and looked up EXACTLY, according to medical school books, your thyroid does. They pretty much show things bluntly to med students you know. So I read all the stuff your thyroid does and that if there are multiple nodules it is less likely to be cancerous. I also read that the sudden increas in the size of the right nodule along with the pressure on my trachea means it could be cancer.

So basically, I'm still poorly waiting on the answer from the biopsy.

I have to tell you the other thing that kind of freaks me out is that in a small percentage of instances of FNA (Fine Needle Aspiration) they don't get a good enough sample and have to re-do the biopsy. I think this freaks me out more than anything. I hope to never have to do that again. It hurt a LOT more than I expected. It still hurts when I cough, yawn or sneeze hard.

Maybe we will get answers today. Dad comes tomorrow and we are trying to keep him out of the loop, at least until there is something definative.

and now for something completely different.....

My DH and MB planted some raspberry bushes for me yesterday for my Mother's day gift. How cool is that. I can't wait till we get some yummy fresh fruit without paying $5.25 for a 1/2 pint.

No comments: