Sunday, June 01, 2008

So tired of being tired

This whole waiting thing wears me out. I hate waiting (see previous post called I'm a bad waiter). The surgery is this week, but I want it done now. I am pondering the relationship between thyroid and blood sugar. I take glucose controling medication, and since they upped my synthroid dose my sugars have been taking strange and FAST nosedives. I have been horsing around with my meds to try to make the odd drops stop, but they keep happening. Yesterday, about 2 hours after dinner, I was fine, talking on the phone to my dad and after we hung up, I tried to stand up. Imagine my surprise when I COULD NOT STAND UP. I reached my meter and my sugar had dropped to 55. NOT a comfy feeling to be sure. I grabbed MB's half drunk root beer and guzzled it (which resulted in increased blood sugar and heartburn like there was a volcano in my chest). TUM TUM TUM TUM TUMMMMMMMMS. Thank heaven for Tums....and root beer in easy reach.

So, my body is freaking out on me and I just want to get this all over with. The anticipation is the part that freaks me out. Yeah, I'm a little nervous about the surgery in general, but I would rather get it over with.

I am so tired I do the dishes and need a nap. I cook dinner and need a nap. I could not even go to church today becuase I was too tired. Oh, and I thought my sugar would be ROOFTOP high this morning for the rootbeer...yeah, it was 105...perfect really.

Anybody know of links between thyroid issues and blood glucose levels?

No comments: