Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Checkup.

Today is the checkup after the surgery. I see both my endocrinologist and the surgeon today. The endo to check calcium levels, no doubt, and the surgeon to get the two stitches at each end of the incision taken out (assuming the internal are those lovely melting stitches. The scar is big, but not too gross. My neck itches like crazy!! I know that is good and that means it's healing, but it's still frustrating.

One fun little side effect I have discovered is that I lose my voice by the end of the day. I assume that will eventually go away, but it's not fun. Can't yell either. TOTALLY lose voice for a while if I do that (darn dogs). Finally, I can no longer sing. At least not yet. That kind of sucks. I enjoy singing. Hopefully that will come back. I guess I bring these things up today and get back with you later on that.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Sounds like you are healing well - {{HUGS}} I don't know what I would do if I couldn't yell ... hahaha ;)

Liz said...

How are you doing? Hopefully all is well and you're healing nicely. I'm thinking of you and praying for you.