Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Post Op

Ok, they did the surgery on Friday. I finally feel human again, almost. There is a good cut across the midline of my neck, not the prettiest. I hope it heals up prettier than it is now or it will look like somebody slashed my throat.

I am exhausted. You would be amazed at how much your neck does for you. It gets you up in the morning. Try getting up without using your neck muscles. Try sneezing, coughing or taking a nice deep breath. But, it's getting easier with time.

I got yelled at for walking up and down the stairs yesterday and trying to do laundry. Yeah, it hurt, but there is only so much sitting in the recliner I can do. I have to sit up because it's too hard to get up from a laying position.

I did not have feeling in my left foot or right hand until today. It's so nice to have that back too!

I still have not heard from the doctors about pathology, but the Surgeon stated that nothing looked weird or dangerous....etc. Thank Goodness.

I should have a check up either end of this week or early next week.

Thanks for hanging in there.

1 comment:

TamWill said...

I enjoyed catchin' up on your blog. I thank the Lord that you are doing well and on your way to recovery!

MB's birthday truly was a wonderful celebration!

Congrats on your new home! God bless You!!