Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A Thanksgiving feast for kings

My husband and I have decided that we have to introduce MB to traditions. I have to admit I have been lazy. Lazy...you heard me. If the step kids are not coming to dinner I don't bother with the whole lets-cook-more-food-than-an-entire-platoon-could-eat-and-eat-till-we-puke dinner for Thanksgiving, or Christmas for that matter. I figured why...but you know what, MB is why. He needs to know I would do the same for him that I would do for his half-brothers. I want him to know he is special enough for a Thanksgiving dinner complete with all of the fixings. So, I'm off to shop for a feast while the turkey is thawing in the fridge. I do have a problem with the fact that DH wants a traditional feast. In my family, there are 4 of us kids and both parents, not to mention grandparents, aunts and uncles. I'm used to cooking for a proverbial army. How on earth do I pare down the feast for 3? I have invited people to come to dinner, but they are not coming. I don't like to think anybody should be alone for the holidays, but they don't care...darn it.

So I'm preparing a feast....I have about 8 extra servings...anybody want to come to dinner?????

1 comment:

Liz said...

I would love to come to dinner! But I can't afford the planefare. Maybe next year :-) Have a great feast! MB will love it! See my post on the board about the turkey. I might have some trouble, even though MM doesn't eat anything anyway.