Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I thought this "mom" thing was supposed to get easier....

Nope. I don't think it does.

I went to visit the principal at the school MB will go to if we end up going that route (and with the potential new job situation it will have to go that way). The kindergarten classes are 18 to 22 kids. That is 18 to 22 potential germ carriers in contact with immunosuppressed MB 5 days per week. Yes we take him to church and put him in Sunday School and nursery during service, but that is once per week and 10 kids at most. Yes I take him to MOPs which is 22 kids in his class, but only once every other week. Calculated risks really. We want him to be social because he IS very very social and LOVES people. But 18 to 20 kids in a class every day is a high risk situation. really. I think.

I have till next school year to figure this all out (unless you count that we have to register him in April). That just seems like such a huge risk.

The school, btw, is just as awesome as I had heard. The secretary has a bible picture dictionary sitting on her desk in plain view. Awesome! The K-2 program is designed to keep them busy so MB will not be bored. He already can read and knows all his letters and sounds, is working on math, knows that a dime, 2 nickels and 10 pennies are all the same thing......he's smart....he works at it what can I say. The 3rd grade on program has honors classes....so he will be advanced as necessary.

I wish this were easier.

Then there is the fact that he NEVER sleeps anymore. He keeps coming into our room at random wee hours of the morning and climbing in our bed. Not a problem except I can not sleep when he is in there because I'm afraid of hurting him or pushing him off the bed.
Anybody have any tips on keeping him in his bed???

Thanks in advance....but really, I thought I'd be out of the "midnight feeding" end of this by 4-1/2.

No comments: