Monday, November 14, 2005

My 4 year old piano protege

LOL...well, maybe he is no Mozart, but we started MB taking piano lessons this month. He's 4-1/2 and is DYING to play a musical instrument. His older brother plays saxophone (and is quite good I am happy to report, he's only had a couple of lessons and they are talking about putting him in the school band). His oldest brother is learning to play guitar. MB is wicked excited to be taking piano lessons. I have to admit I'm pretty excited that he is taking piano too because "I" want to learn how to play piano. Since I practice with him 30 minutes each day I am learning as much as he is. His piano teacher LOVES him and he made a Christmas present for her already. She has 2 children too, and MB, I think, would rather play with her son than play piano. LOL...typical social critter he is. But he muddles through the lesson and is actually doing quite well. The teacher told me that "he's so smart". My reply..."scary huh!". So I have a musician on my hands and I couldn't be a prouder momma about it. On the way home from piano lesson last night he actually said : Warning: Proud momma moment alert!!!

"mommy, I want to pray."
"Okay. What do you want us to pray about?"
"NO mommy...I want to pray and thank God for my singing." (he only recently started singing even if he does not know all the words...before I had to sing and he played air guitar. He also recently told me he wanted to be in the Children's Choir for the Christmas program at church).

So, for the first time ever, without me nagging or leading, my son WILLFULLY prayed to God and prayed:

"God, I thank you for my singing."

Never a better prayer has been uttered.

Oh, and I have to give a shout out to Handsomeeddiefamous. Sorry I did not see your Monical's pizza reply back in September...I'd have known it was you! LOL...Love and miss Monicals and Papa Del's. Tennessee has no real pizza....I miss real pizza.

No comments: