Friday, June 24, 2005

The Tick

I am no fan of insect life form, well, maybe from a scientific point of view there is interest, but I digress from my point. Have you ever seen the cartoon The Tick. Tell you what, he is my favorite super hero. His only "super power" is that he is uncrushable...just like a real tick. You know the evil creatures that climbs aboard when you are least expecting it and digs in for a sip of your gooey red life juice. He's as dumb as they come, the cartoon is totally inaine, but I LOVE IT.

I watched it back in like 94 when it first came out and loved it then and was excited to find it again a few weeks ago (thank you Getix and Disney...LOL).

My husband does not understand my obsession with the Tick. I don't understand it either except that maybe it is the perfect thing for me to "shut down" with at the end of the day. Maybe he makes me feel a little more "super" because I'm so weary with were I am at right now and he reminds me that even the daily boring tasks, when done with the gusto of the Tick, are not so bland or ordinary.

So I hereby brand myself the Tick of this household. I shall tenaciously hold on to the concept of enthusiastically performing all of the mundane tasks (wiping butts and noses, doing the 8th load of peed in underwear as we potty train, cooking dinner knowing I will get the whine of "chicken again" and typing for docs till my fingers fall off) with GUSTO. I AM THE TICK...or at least the momma. Or maybe I've just been up too long today and I'm really ready for bed...ah, mind numbing cartoon take me away.

1 comment:

lachen said...

Seriously, you and Mark are beginnig to scare me just a bit with this Tick obsession.

Smiling through a shaking head,

C