Monday, June 11, 2007

It's been a few weeks now

I have to say, it does not get easier after your mom passes away.

I have been fine, really, for the most part. It's the little things that really make you miss the ones you love when they are gone.

We have been out house shopping lately (trying to get a bigger place in case dad decides that he wants to come here). We went looking in the school district we really want to stay in and found some really cute home (a bit out of price range, but cute cute houses). When we got home I really wanted to call mom and tell her about the houses, esp. the really cute one with vaulted celings and a basement (unheard of in Tennessee). It was a cold slap in the face to realize I could not call mom. Yeah, I was a bit melencholy after that.

This past week MB had several surgeries all performed on the same day. As I was bringing him home on Saturday, I really wanted to talk to mom. She was the one who came and helped take care of MB and the daddy after the transplant. I could really use her help now. As kids, we all had our tonsils out at the same time (sometimes I think my mom was nuts!!! but in a good way). MB will not drink and it's making me nuts because HE, of all kids, MUST drink, and a lot at that. I have a feeling we are going to end up back in the hospital in the next day or two if he will not drink. Anyway, I really wanted to call mom, who took care of all 4 of us kids after our tonsilectomy, and ask "were we this obnoxious?" (Sorry MB, but yeah, you are being obnoxious!). Again, I can't.

I realize how much I took mom being there for granted.

Call your mom now and give her a phone hug and smootch. Tell her, even if you don't get along all the time, that you love her. It's easier while they are still here!

3 comments:

Karmon said...

MAria, hugs about you Mom. Chase just had his tonsils and adenoids removed on 6/6 and he is still refusing to drink and has lost 8 pounds. Its been horrible and he may end up in the hospital himself. I feel your pain sweetie. Miss you.

Angela said...

Oh sweetie I am so sorry to hear about your mom passing. Best wishes to MB I hope he did well after this post. take care!

mom23 said...

Hey girl! I saw your comment on Scott's blog. I didn't know you would want us to call you while we were in town and I'm sorry that upset you!! But we did talk about you and your family while there! We were only there on Sunday which was Father's Day and only for one night. I'll give you a call next time we are there.