Friday, May 25, 2007

in honor of a good woman

My mother passed away this afternoon after a long, hard battle with breast cancer. She was diagnosed in 1996. We thought it was gone. We thought she was in remission. She was about to get a clean bill of health 2 years ago..you know, 10 years cancer free, when it came back with a vengance.

To my mom....I'm glad you are free from your suffering. I trust you are in Heaven with your dad, mom, brother, and our beloved bootsy. No more troubles. No more pain. Breathing without oxygen. Rest peacefully mom. Know you will be missed. Know the kids will be fine. The grandkids will have great memories. WE will pass on the good. Thanks for all you did for us kids. Thanks for the sacrifices you made that we will never know of. Thanks for teaching us how to be a mom.







In loving memory of Jackie. Peace is finally yours. I'll see you in heaven.
P.S. don't worry, we've got daddy's back!

6 comments:

Liz said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Huge hugs and prayers to you and your family. Call me anytime you need to talk. Love you!

~ cyndyann ~ said...

Love you! Keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers. May your mom rest in peace and smile over you the rest of your days. I know how hard this was for you and I truly wish I could have held your hand throughout the long journey. Let those feelings flow and keep the happy memories of your mom close.
HUGE HUGS to you my friend.

Karmon said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Your all in my prayers. Miss you

XOXXO

mariesi said...

I am so sorry to hear this, Maria. Your family is definitely in my prayers.

Angela said...

so sorry for your loss but glad she has found peace and comfort!

TamWill said...

I am sorry to hear of your Moms passing, you, your Dad and family will be in my prayers. I will also remember MB in my prayers. Take Care dear.