Thursday, August 10, 2006

And so it begins

This morning was the second full day of school for MB and you know what I heard.

"I LOVE school mommy, can we go now?"

bwhahahahahhahaha....yeah, right.

no, I heard "Mommy, I don't want to go to school today. I want to stay home with you all day."

Day TWO people!

I looked squarely at my son and said..
"Angel boy, I know you really are tired because you hem and haw at bed time and really have a hard time going to sleep by 8 and getting up for school at 6:15. You go back and lay down and mommy will make you a nice bowl of fresh fruit and yogurt for breakfast. I'll call off work and we can both just play on the computer all day."


man...you are easy to fool aren't you. Maybe not.

You KNOW what I REALLY said???

First I broke into a fit of laughter and then said : "BOY, you have at least 16 more years of school ahead of you. Get your little butt dressed and eat before I have to put wooden spoon to your little butt."

Then I got sassy pans attitude and told him to go back to bed and come out with a better attitude.

It worked.

Got him to school . He had a great day.

You know, life is a lot like my son's attitude. When you really don't want to do something or you don't get enough sleep, I don't know about you kind blog friend, but I get a little grumpy. I pray that I allow God to send me to my room (or at least my knees) till I get my attitude adjustment.

Just another deep though from a common day. Kids. They teach you something every day.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Getting up for school has been hard here as well. And getting Spirit to bed by 8 is darn near impossible. But we're working on it. Spirit loves K too, but it's still hard for me to take that she's this old already. When I drop her off in the morning and she gets out and wants to walk to her class by herself I get all choked up. Too see this tiny little girl with this giant backpack on is just too much for my mommy bones to take.

TamWill said...

Tell Little MB that he is a working man now...Monday thru Friday, off to work he must go.

but it sure was sweet that he would rather be with Ma :)

Angela said...

oohh I hope he is liking it better now. that would just break my heart.