Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thyroid update

It's been almost 2 months since I had my thyroid out, well, really about 1 1/2 months. Not much has changed...sort of.

I'm tired all the time and stupid tired at that. I think my synthroid dose is too low because all I do is want to sleep, and feel stupid at work. I can stare at my computer and know I KNOW what to do and how to do it, but it takes a little time to put it all together and get it done. I am not sleeping well either, which I believe is a symptom of underactive thyroid. I am exhausted. EXHAUSTED.

I took a sabatical from teaching the 1 year old Sunday School class because right now, it's just too much. I really don't feel like I can keep up with somebody elses kids right now (mine either for that matter, but at least I have to push my energy to take care of MB).

I have only gained a couple of pounds, but that is frustrating because I'm not really eating. I'm just not hungry. I fill up REALLY fast and can not manage to eat more. That should be a good thing, but I'm not losing weight for it. Hmmmm.

I need to go get bloodwork done at my docs office, but I don't have any time off until 8/1 when MB signs up for school. The 2 hour day is registration, then they don't go back till the 11th. I really gotta get the labs done so I can show them chemically that I'm not right. I just don't feel right or good right now. FRUSTRATING!!!. I feel competely lazy, but I just can't get the energy to do anything.

So, the neck is healing quite nicely. The scar is so small. The surgeon did a fantastic job. So that's good. We just need to adjust the meds up a notch...or three or four.

1 comment:

Doodlebugs' Mama said...

Oh, darn--I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so tired. But glad to hear that your neck and scar are healing nicely. Hopefully you'll be able to get your meds adjusted and will begin feeling energized again soon. Hugs!