Friday, September 01, 2006

One very politically incorrect observation....

Has anybody else realized the biggest problem with Bluetooth technology is not so much that people NEVER get off their cell phones now, but rather that you can not tell if the person walking toward you muttering, seemingly to themselves, is skitzo or talking on their phone.

Seriously people. It's kind of creepy to see you talking to yourselves all the time.

Just an observation. (and let me say here, I am NOT making fun of the mentally ill, that is a serious problem....I'm slamming your silly looking blue tooth technology).

7 comments:

Little Dreamer said...

I guess this means that I will not be able to purchase one of those Bluetooth Headsets for myself then?

DesertGirl said...

Ok, so it's not me? I thought for sure I was grocery shopping with a very well dressed, well spoken, schizophrenic carrying on about some stocks. Nope, just that crazy headset!

lachen said...

LOL! Sometimes the voices in our heads really ARE voices in our heads... :)

Vanessa said...

ITA - it's freaky! The worst thing is when they are looking right at you & you think they may be talking to you but saying some crazy stuff so you think "they can't possibly be talking to me".

TamWill said...

I hate it when I think someone is asking me a question and I answer them....only to realize they are on the phone!

Angela said...

yes!! I just had this happen the other day on the shuttle to work. I thought this lady was talking to me and we had a mini conversation and turns out she was on the effin' phone and it just worked out her comments fit what I was saying, too

Doodlebugs' Mama said...

When the earpieces had just come out, I was at Target one day, in the greeting card section. The lady next to me kept reading all of these cards aloud and then commenting on them or laughing. Since she and I were the only ones there, I thought she was talking to me, so I'd kindly laugh along with her, but I was thinking what a loon she was. About 5 minutes later, I figured out she was on the phone, reading the cards to whoever was on the other end. *I* was the one who felt stupd then. LOL! It still makes me laugh to think about it.