Saturday, April 22, 2006

Nothing quite like cleaning your kids room to make you realize

Makes you realize just how much JUNK you have in your house and when you house is only 1200 sq feet, there is not much room to begin with. I have spent 5 hours..yes, I did say 5 hours, now cleaining the boys room. MB shares a room with his bigger brother (1/2 brother) and they have WAY too much stuff in that tiny room. Actually, they have the big bedroom since they have to share it, but there is sooooo little storage room and Sooooo many toys it's disgusting.

I have had to lay down the law since I go through this every couple of months...the new rule...if you dump it you clean it. If you don't clean it and I have to do it again, I'm giving it away.
In fact, I'm trying to give some of it away today. I have a Big Big loader up for grabs as well as a couple of puzzles and an alphabet apple (cute game really, if you don't know your letters, which MB does).

So I'm cleaning and organizing again thinking...nay, knowing full well that I will have to do this again in a few months. Am I strong enough to get rid of toys.

I think I need the Supernanny to come kick my butt on this. He really does not have that many toys, the toys he does have have a lot of little parts. The scary thing, the parts only get smaller as they get older as evidenced by the bigger brothers' toys in the room.

did I mention how much I HATE leggos?

I guess I tackle my room and my Discovery Toys next. May have a sale on those soon to get them out of here. I think I may stop selling them....but I'm not sure yet.

3 comments:

TamWill said...

Mommaria-Could not help but giggle at your post! WHY?

Because I have tried to do this very same thing...I detest organizing and going through toys! I kept on putting it on the back burner. So, I paid my 24yr old daughter to do it :O) and she did it YESTERDAY (same as you!)

She loaded her car down with toys and games to take to Salvation Army! Feels so good to have it done and over with. The extra room it created feels wonderful!

Makes you feel like the Grinch doing it though.

Angela said...

if you ever figure out how to organize or get the kids to pick it up let me know.

I try the I will throw it out, and sometimes do store but usually get them telling me I'll throw it out!! like it is a treat.

I hate throwing it out because we spent a lot of money on all that crap, LOL but I have started packing it in the basement which is too loaded now too. uuggghhh

How about just an "I feel ya" comment back at cha.

MommaRia said...

Angela: Ummmm if you don't want to throw them out, sell them on Ebay or give them to a daycare center or school or church nursery. If you have educational toys that are manipulatives, find a special needs school and donate there. THen you get a tax write off, don't waste your toys and help a school as some pretty wonderful kids at the same time while teaching your children you mean business.